MZEC is committed to continuously improve its Operations while protecting people and the Environment. Emphasis shall be placed on ensuring human Health, Operational Safety, Environment protection and community goodwill. MZEC aims to keep this commitment in the best interests of its Employees, Customers, Contractors and those might be affected by its activities. MZEC is committed to comply with all relevant Environmental Standards prevailing in the Sultanate of Oman. Management believes that all accidents are preventable.
The purpose of this policy is to build up mzec commitment to:
- Ensure that efforts of each employee are directed to contribute for achieving excellence in Safety, Health, Work Environment, Quality & Productivity.
- Routinely evaluate the practices, procedures and implement the necessary actions to maintain and improve Safety and Health of Employees, Customers and Contractors.
- Provide an adequate training to all staff, to reduce the risk and hazards to Health and Safety.
- Promote Safety Culture.
- Ensure that every employee & Contractor whose work may create an HSE impacts shall be trained & held accountable for complying with this Policy & related HSE Legislation in the Sultanate of Oman.
- Ensure that Safety Rules are followed by all who use (customers or Are Responsible for, Electrical equipments installations, operations and maintenance.
- Ensure that the environment is protected against pollution during all MZEC practices.
- Ensure incident reporting of all injuries, incidents and occupational illness and investigation are of fundamental importance in their prevention.
- Ensure that Employees and Contractors when perform work at premises are fully aware of hazards and safe work practices.
- Motivate near misses and HSE violations reporting so that everyone can contribute to the Safety of the Community.
- Set objectives, Targets, Measures, Appraisal and Publicly Report HSE Performance.